Tooth loss is a prevalent problem in America, with estimates from The American College of Prosthodontists stating that around 178 million people live with at least one missing tooth.
Losing a tooth can feel frustrating when communicating with other people. It can also make daily activities like eating and chewing your food uncomfortable.
Tooth implants are considered by most dentists, including Dr. Lassiter, to be the gold standard in tooth replacement. Dr. Lassiter has completed extensive training in the field of implant dentistry at the world-renowned Misch Resnik Implant Institute. His skills and expertise allow him to offer comprehensive implant dentistry at our Kingsland dental office.
State-of-the-Art Tooth Replacement Solutions
A dental implant is the only tooth replacement that restores both your tooth and its root, giving you the closest restoration you can get to a natural tooth.
During implant surgery, Dr. Lassiter carefully places the implant into your jawbone. Tooth implants are made from biocompatible titanium, so over time, your implant gradually fuses and integrates with your bone, becoming a permanent part of your dental anatomy.
When it’s fully healed, your implant is ready to support your new restoration, which could be a porcelain crown for a single tooth or a bridge or denture for those replacing multiple missing teeth.
The Exciting Advantages of Dental Implants in Kingsland
Besides restoring your smile and your confidence, dental implants offer several additional benefits for patients struggling with tooth loss.
- Tooth implants protect you from bone loss. The loss of a tooth means the loss of a root. Root loss then results in bone deterioration without a root to support.
- Dental implants are durable and provide excellent longevity. When you take exceptional care of your tooth implants with regular dental checkups and a consistent home care routine, your implants can potentially last for a lifetime.
- Implants look, feel, and function just like natural teeth. Porcelain crowns offer natural-looking aesthetics, and you’ll be able to chew and eat with ease.
- Dental implants keep neighboring teeth from shifting. Tooth drifting results in bite misalignment. Tooth implants keep your teeth consistently aligned.
- Implants are often the most cost-effective tooth replacement option. In addition, because of their remarkable longevity, dental implants may prove to be more affordable than an appliance that you’ll need to replace over time.
- Dental implants are a solution for replacing one or multiple teeth. In addition, tooth implants can support dentures or bridges so those with multiple missing teeth can take advantage of their benefits.
Would You Like to Learn More About Dental Implants?
Don’t wait to learn more about the possibilities for restoring your smile! Contact Lassiter Family Dentistry today at (912) 576-4011 to schedule an evaluation with Dr. Lassiter.