The bad news: Adults and children can experience a chipped tooth at any time. The good news: Under the care of a trusted dentist like Dr. James Lassiter, DMD, your chipped tooth can be restored in no time. Dr. Lassiter will thoroughly examine your fractured tooth to determine which course of action is best for you. At Lassiter Family Dentistry in Kingsland, GA, we aim to address your dental concerns and provide exceptional dental services to each of our patients.
Causes for chipped teeth:
For some patients a chipped tooth may cause pain and discomfort right away; for other patients, cracked or chipped tooth only may only affect the aesthetics of your smile. Whatever the case, it is important that you identify the causes of tooth fractures so you can find ways to prevent your chance of chipping a tooth.
- Sports trauma
- Hitting a tooth on a hard object
- Weakened tooth enamel
- Poor oral hygiene
- Teeth Grinding (Bruxism)
Kingsland dentist Dr. Lassiter recommends that patients visit his Kingsland dental office as soon as possible after fracturing a tooth to ensure they get the treatment they need. In some case, a fractured tooth can lead to complex dental issues if left untreated.
If left untreated, a chipped tooth may result in:
- Tooth sensitivity
- Tooth loss
- Damage to the tooth enamel
- Overall discomfort if a nerve is exposed
Treatment for Chipped Teeth
At Lassiter Family Dentistry, we offer a range of dental services to repair a fractured tooth. After a comprehensive exam, Dr. Lassiter will determine which dental treatments will best suit your needs.
- Dental Bonding: A composite resin material can be bonded onto the tooth, color matched, and shaped to resemble your natural teeth. Dental bonding is one of the most common treatments for a chipped tooth.
- Dental Veneers: Dental veneers are usually made from a porcelain material that is attached to the surface of your teeth. Porcelain veneers are a cosmetic dentistry procedure that can help improve the aesthetic of a smile that has been damaged from fractures or discoloration.
- Dental Crowns: Dental crowns act as a cap to help restore and protect a damaged tooth.
In some case, patients may need to undergo a root canal if a fractured tooth is extremely damaged. Dr. Lassiter will work with you to develop the right treatment to restore your smile.
Schedule an Appointment
If you are looking for treatment for your chipped or cracked tooth, Lassiter Family Dentistry has dental services to help restore your smile. Contact our Kingsland, GA dentist office or schedule your consultation online.